ERPNext is a modern, easy-to-use, free, business system used by more than three thousand enterprises. ERPNext has everything you need to run a business. ERPNext includes all modules and integrations out of the box including Financial Accounting, CRM, Inventory, Sales, Purchasing, Projects, Manufacturing, Education, Healthcare, E-Commerce, Website and Support. Supported industry domains are Non Profit, Agriculture, Hospitality, Healthcare, Education, Manufacturing, Retail, Services and Distribution.
ERPNext recommends that a VPS should have at least 1GB RAM but after I installed this, RAM usage appeared to be between 1-2GB. Using 1GB RAM would not completely load (although I have read that others have been successful while using only a few users), so the minimum required should be 2GB RAM.
The Easy Install script should get you started with a Frappe/ERPNext setup with minimal manual intervention and effort. Since there are a lot of configurations being automatically setup, it is recommended to execute this script on a fresh server.
This script will:
- install the pre-requisites
- install the command line bench (under
- Create a new bench (a folder that will contain your entire frappe/erpnext setup at ~/frappe-bench)
- Create a new ERPNext site on the bench (site1.local)
Passwords for Frappe Administrator and MariaDB (root) will be asked and saved under
~/passwords.txt. The log file is saved under
/tmp/logs/install_bench.log in case you run into any issues during the install.
$ sudo apt update $ sudo apt upgrade
- Add a new user (substituting ‘username'):
$ sudo adduser username $ sudo usermod -aG sudo username
- Switch to the new user (substituting ‘username'):
$ su - username $ export LC_ALL=C.UTF-8
- Install Python packages:
$ sudo apt install python3-minimal build-essential python3-testresources python3-setuptools
- Download the install file:
$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/develop/install.py
- Run the install script (substituting ‘username'):
$ sudo python3 install.py --verbose --production --user username --frappe-branch version-13 --erpnext-branch version-13
During the Install process you will be asked to enter a mysql & Administrator password.
On a 2GB RAM, 1vCPU Vultr server the install took about 10-15 minutes. When it is complete, you should see:
Bench + Frappe + ERPNext has been successfully installed!
When the setup is complete, you will be able to access the system at
http://<your-server-ip>. Enter the Username as ‘Administrator' and the password that was entered during the install process for the Administrator user.
Once logged in, you can follow the prompts to setup ERPNext which include:
- Selecting your language, region, time zone, currency, a new user (you) with email and password.
- Select the industry domains you will use for ERPNext
- Information about your company (eg. Company name, description, bank, beginning of financial year)
Minimal Server Requirements
The recommended installation should use at least 2GB of RAM.
Installation & Maintenance
If you would like to get this app installed, maintained or need training, Contact Me to get current rates.